We Came, We Fell In Love, We Glamped!
Words by Sarah Merchant
Gone are the days when you had to trek for miles, scale unimaginable heights and weave past dense jungles to get a glimpse of an untouched world; for when a night under a starry sky required you to go camping in rugged locations or when an escape from chaos meant sacrificing luxury. TUTC presents luxury camps in the most beautiful, untouched locations in India, with a focus on comfort, an eye for detail and a taste for luxury.
At TUTC we offer you a window, no, a door, into lands full of gorgeous landscapes and unique cultures, sans the usual camping hardship. Our luxury camps are not just about a comfortable stay, they’re about ensuring that every moment you spend with us is as unique and beautiful as the destination you are glamping at.
Explore four wildlife sanctuaries as you reside in Terai, and enjoy the elite luxuries of TUTC’s Jaagir Lodge, Dudhwa. Stay in colonial safari-themed rooms that date back to the 1940s and indulge in wildlife safaris, elephant riding, spot endangered animals and exotic birds as you trial through bewildering woods.
From tents situated at 11,700 feet in Ladakh, the dense jungles of Nagaland and wildlife safaris in the forests of Terai, we effortlessly blend luxury and nature to create the perfect ‘Art Of Glamping’ experience. We make luxury our business at locations where customs and traditions breathe in a society different than ours. We serve international cuisines created by world-class chefs at inaccessible locations, we plan lavish picnics in deserts, and we even produce the freshest of vegetables at the base of the mountains…
At TUTC your encounter with culturally and visually rich regions is carefully planned out. From the canvas tents to the furniture, the well-trained staff to the excursions, your experiences are handpicked and designed to encompass the essence of the region you visit. So you stay in Ladakh when the clouds add a bit of drama to the sky, and visit Nagaland when the entire region is lit up with the colours of the Hornbill Festival.
At Dudhwa, you travel like Kings & Queens uncovering the true spirit of the wild. Set within the dense jungles of the Terai region, this luxury holiday combines colonial flair with the raw experiences of living in the wild. Get a taste of the local culture with guided visits to Tharu tribe villages, and indulge in their ancient traditions, customs and artistry. Glimpse into the ways of living of the local clans in remote villages of the Terai region.
The jungles, located between the Himalayas and the great plains of India are abundant with rare birds and wildlife, promising guests the ultimate wildlife experience! Here, you are not just tourists, but royal spectators humbled by the magnificient creatures that abide in the jungle.
It’s no wonder that TUTC has won every significant award that exists in the travel industry. Be it the West India Travel Awards, the Pacific Asia Travel Association Gold Award 2015, the TTJ Jury Choice Award, or the Robb Report’s 27th Annual International Best of Best Award in June 2015, we have earned it all!
So picturesque is our campsite that it has provided a backdrop to numerous magazine photo shoots and acted as a muse for photographers across the world. You can read all about their experiences here.
Here are some quick facts about our luxury camps
- Operational from 15th May to 10th October
- Highlights of the camp:
– Early morning prayer ceremony with the monks at the Thiksey Monastery
– Exploration of the local tradition and culture in a Ladakhi home in Stok Village
– Outdoor BBQ under the open sky and under a million stars!
- Address: Ki Ki Naga, Near Govt. High School Thiksey,
Leh / Manali Road, Thiksey, Leh (Ladakh) – 194201, Jammu & Kashmir
- Operational from 15th May to 30th September
- Highlights of the camp:
– Exhilarating ride on a Bactrian camel through the fascinating Hundar dunes
– Trip to the land of the Balti Royals, exploring the fabled village of Turtuk
– Special prayer ceremony at the Diskit Monastery – the oldest and largest Buddhist monastery in Nubra Valley
- Address: Diskit Tsokra, P.O. Diskit, Nubra (Ladakh) – 194401, Jammu & Kashmir
- Operational from 29th November to 12th December
- Highlights of the camp:
-An opportunity to experience the vibrant and extravagant Hornbill Festival
-Beautiful nights by the campfire followed by a feast, skilfully created by our world-class chefs
-Visit to the Angami village of Khonoma, where you will relish a local lunch and participate in indigenous games
- Address: Tekweuju, Above Japfu Christian college, Kigwema, Pin 797001,Kohima, Nagaland
Phone: +91-80109 02222
The Jaagir Lodge – Dudhwa
- Operational from 19 December 2017 to 15 June 2018
- Highlights of the camp:- Discover the rich diversity of flora and fauna in the Terai region and Himalayan foothills
– Enjoy exhilarating safaris into four wildlife game reserves
– Cruise on the River Sharda to encounter Gangetic dolphins, gharials, Indian skimmers and Asiatic elephants, amongst others
– Sample authentic recipes from the Terai region
– Soak up the misty morning atmosphere at sunrise with masala ‘chai’
– Spot the elusive tiger, deer and rare flora
- Address: Jaagir Lodge , Bhikram Ban Farms, Pallia Kalan,
Lakhimpur Kheri District,
P.O. Bam Nagar, PIN: 262902
Phone: +91 801 090 2222
Come experience this award-winning luxury because an experience is worth a 1,000 reads…
Here’s a peak into our campsite…