White-Water Rafting In Ladakh With TUTC
The moment you step in Ladakh, you feel an adrenaline rush to do something adventurous. Sumit Roy tells you about the Indus and Zanskar River Rafting in Ladakh that can get your adrenaline pumping!
Words By Sumit Roy
Right from rugged mountains to snowy peaks, chilly rivers to deep gorges, meadows to sand dunes, Ladakh has it all. It has the calm of an ocean and the ruffled flow of rivers. You ought to dare yourself into the chilly waters of Ladakh in the Indus and Zanskar River Rafting. And while you’re at it, worry not, TUTC will ensure you’re safety!
1. Behold the Sight of Mountains!
2. World’s Highest Rafting Point?
3. Watch out for the Twists and Turns!
4. Ready For A Challenge?
5. Enjoy The Tranquility, Too.
6. Ah, The Indus-Zanskar Confluence Is Breathtaking!
7. Experience Ladakh From A River’s Point Of View!
River rafting is not all adventure, it teaches you to respect the forces of nature. And if you don’t, the joke’s on you.
Here are a few tips that can make this simple and safe for you while you’re out there:
- Always listen to your guide, always.
- Wear crocs, sandals or water proof shoes.
- Do not carry cell phones while you’re rafting.
- Carry an extra pair of clothes.
- Have a light meal before you go river rafting.
- We recommend wearing shades as the water shines brightly when the sun is at its zenith. Needless to say, wear a pair that doesn’t fall off easy.
- Do not panic if you fall off your boat. Your life jacket can keep you afloat for 72 hours. Just be calm and listen to your guide. You’ll be onboard in no time.
- Switch sides on the raft with your partner if you feel the stress is on your end for longer than you can take. Always, inform your guide before you switch.
- If you plan on getting into the river, ask for your guide’s permission. He/she would definitely know better.
- If you are intoxicated or under the influence of substance abuse, the lives of everyone in the raft would be at risk. So be responsible and enjoy the natural highs of nature.
Whether you go for the Indus or the Zanskar River Rafting, our guides at TUTC will always there for you. So get adventurous! Happy memories and lots of stories await you at TUTC’s Chamba Camps at Diskit & Thiksey!
Ready for a luxury experience beyond par?
Here’s a peak into the luxury and experiences we offer…
About The Author
Sumit Roy is an Editor, Writer, Researcher, Translator and Proofreader at Aatman Innvoations Pvt. Ltd. When not working, he likes to read, write, watch movies or series, play computer games or even better – procrastinate. He believes in free basic education for all and thinks that capitalism first and socialism next can change this world for better.